#PAGov: Corbett Chickens Out of Facing Philly Students

Tom Corbett was supposed to finally pay a visit today to Central High School, one of the Philadelphia schools he’s placed on a starvation diet for three years, so local education activists naturally planned a big rally to “greet” him.

But then, rather than man up and look the victims of his budget choices in the eye, he cancelled his appearance¬†at the last minute, and is currently on the run down to The Bellevue in Center City where he thinks he’ll face a friendlier audience. I’m actually gonna go head down there now to help make sure that doesn’t happen, but I’ll have a recap later.

This entry was posted in Governor.

8 Responses to #PAGov: Corbett Chickens Out of Facing Philly Students

1. Gina B says:

I wish I could be there to help give him a welcome he would never forget. I can’t wait till he is out if office.

2. Julieann Wozniak says:

If my ancient car could make it that far, I’d go, too. I live in the worst-funded school district in the Commonwealth: Southeastern Greene.

“Remember that time Governor Corbett visited Central High School?” – No One.

4. Dominator says:

Hey Geeting, why not do a story on TAG Philly giving Hanger the highest rating of all governor candidates when it comes to schools. http://www.tagphilly.org/

Oh yeah, that’s right! You’re a shill for McGinty…or McCord.

5. Dominator says:

I see you guys refused to print my post …AGAIN

Huh? Your other comment is posted. WordPress doesn’t let all the comments through right away, and believe it or not I’m not always on the Internet on Friday nights to approve comments